Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday March 22, 2007

Hi Everyone,.
Well yesterday was another long day. Joe had his first IPT and I misread the info and we got there at 11 instead of 1. We went to Karen's and hung out for awhile (she ws at work) and then he got his treatment. I am very impressed with how careful they are and how much monitoring they do. The treatment was painless but it takes awhile to give the insulin, wait for the blood sugar to drop, give the chemo and a few other drugs and then get the bloood sugar back up. All the patients say they like the IPT days because they get to have sugar ( like juiced apple juice or orange juice) We left there about 4:30 and Joe felt Ok until the middle of the night when he had one episode of nausea. He feels back to his normal quezziness today. I alos talked to several patients wives and got some tips on the green juice. Dr. Lodi also gave us some suggestions. I tried a sample batch last night and it was really much better so we are going to start gradually until he gets used to it drinking the green juice and supplementing with raw vegan diet. We had a great cold corn chowder last night. Tonight I am going to Whole Foods and get a tour of the raw stuff that is good and what to do with some of it. We were 80 % raw for 5 months before we went to Bonaire so I have some background but it helps talking to other people and getting their recipes.
Our spirits are lifted today and I am going swimming for the first time since we got here. We are learning our way around and the distances don't seem so far. Jake our dog has been a real trooper and Karen's cats are getting used to him. Thanks you all so much for your support. We really appreciate the emails and phone calls. We know God is with us in this and I told Joe I really see his courage. God Bless Mary Anne

1 comment:

Janet Phad said...

Hi Jo and Mary Anne!
You wrote that blog on Thursday the day the Chorus meets for practice and Rosemary Cramer asked if I knew anything about Joe. I looked at your blog this morning (Sunday) and I know I won't be able to remember it all to tell her so I will print out some of it.
Just to let you know, Rosemary is still going great guns and enjoying every moment of life at it's fullest too. We are practicing for a big show June 1,2,3. The theme will be a cruise with a ship decorating the stage, a red carpet gangplank and passports for tickets. At the opener the theme from Love Boat will play as the chorus takes the stage. Then "Bon Voyage" will let the audience know that they are in for a wonderful "cruise" of romantic music. There will be special acts and before the last act commences a special table will be moved into a spot in front of the stage. This will be the "Captain's Table" and 10 passports will be drawn to occupy this table during the last act. To complete the ambiance they will enjoy special hord'orves and champagne! We think it will be a fun time. Just so that you know, we are all thinking about you and praying for your safe journey roadwise and healthwise. Good luck with the IPT. Trying to post it told me to create a blog account which I did not really knowing what I was doing!! My email is JanPhad528@aol.com
Your friends in Carillon, Janet Phad, Rosemary Cramer and the entire Carillon Community Chorus