Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday May 4th, 2007

Today is National Day of Prayer. We are so thankful that you all are not praying just on this day. We have made the decision to come home Tuesday May 8th for two weeks. Joe was not able to have chemo this week at all due to low blood counts and we can't get the RFA scheduled for 1-2 weeks so we thought this would be a good time to come home and let his body rest. We are excited about seeing everyone and I for one plan on playing some hand and foot - and winning! We hope to get together with many of our friends and family while we are in. Meal prep will be harder because I can't bring in all my equipment but we will do the best we can. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We are leaving Jake here in the kennel. They love him and it will make it easier for us. Love to you all. Can't wait to see you. God Bless, Mary Anne

1 comment:

Tracey Speaks Allan said...

Mr. and Mrs. Coburn,

Mike called me a few weeks ago and told me about all that you have been going through and about your site. I have read each and every post and am so inspired by your lives. Not since the cancer, but before. You have made every day precious and an adventure. The travelling, sports, family, and faith were obviously all so present before the cancer. This is the true inspiration in your story and a wonderful guide to those of us who need to stop and smell the roses. So I thank you for sharing this with me.

I want you to know of the fond memories I have of being at your home and listening to your beautiful voice and hearing about the barbershop competitions. Mike is so proud of you both and his love and admiration for you has always been present, even in our terrible teen years he always felt so close to you both and so comfortabe at home. Especially when most of us were trying to spend as little time at home as possible. My father, Joe, said to send a hello your way. He is a cancer survivor also and wishes you the best in every way! We are moving to Vail next month. If you get out that way ( which seems likely, since you both manage to hit every city in and out of the U.S.) please call me. Mike will have my number. My thoughts are with you both.

Tracey