Thursday, September 04, 2008

September 4, 2008

Hi Friends,
Joe is getting chemo right now but we met with the doctor and saw the cat scan ourselves and it truly does show no progression of the disease. His liver enzymes are coming down also, and his CA 19-9 which was up as high as 200 is now down to 42 (normal is 37) so labwise it looks really good. He has been having some days where he just has no energy and sleeps all day and then the next day he feels pretty normal - no queasy stomach. Who knows! Tomorrow we leave for Phoenix and spend a week with Karen. She will have the week off as she is changing jobs this month. We will also stop out and see our friends the Sullivans on Saturday. We thought we lost the pump to our pond this week and we lost the frig in the basement last Saturday - now we discovered it is the whole circuit that is out so hopefully that will get fixed this afternoon. I am at Cassie's right now to drop off the dog for the week and guess what - I locked the keys in my car for the third time in 4 months. Well our son locked them in the first time, the second time I had had a new key made but it didn't work and now I am 45 mintues from home where the spare key is sitting. Joe will drive up here after the electrician fixes our problem and then we have a small group dinner kick off for all the small groups in our church tonight. Busy day before we leave tomrrow and I just made it even worse. Do you have trouble forgiving yourself for stupid things? I'm glad God doesn't have trouble forgiving us. I should take a lesson from that I guess. Anyway have a great day - we are, in spite of the problems. God Bless. Mary Anne

1 comment:

Maryann said...

Alas! I read your post that you would be in Phoenix tonight and I think I am saying hello as you are bidding our city farewell.

I just lost my good friend and fellow writer, Kathy Wood, to cancer. The memorial service is tomorrow and I will be reading this wonderful essay she wrote about her cancer and the desert. If by chance you would like to reaad it, let me know. She was one terrific writer!