Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28,2009

Hi friends,
Yesterday was seven months since Joe died. I haven't written much lately but I am doing well. I continue to go to the grief group at Wellness House which is very helpful.

I also now have a job with Comfort Keepers and it is keeping me busy but I enjoy it a lot. I have a regular client four mornings a week which gets me up and out of the house.

I just finished a wonderful weekend with most of our kids in town for a few days. Karen came for 5 days and her friends Kelli joined us for the weekend. Michael and his three kids came while Heidi was away with girlfriends. Cassie was here with just Matthew as Kirk and Andrew had gone on a fishing trip. Kev and Tracy were away at church camp but Tracy played golf with us on Thursday before she left. Karen and I played several times and it was great weather. We had some good girl time and some good family time.

Tomorrow I leave to sit for Mike and Heidi again for 5 days while Heidi and her Dad ride in the Pan Mass Challenge in Boston. This is to raise money for Carcinoid Cancer with the Dana Farber Institute. Heidi has this cancer diagnosed a year and a half ago. This year they will ride 80 miles (last year was 50 and Heidi's brother did it with her as well as Michael) This year Michael will be the sherpa.

I have had great success with the gardens in back but terrible problems with algae in the pond. The frogs don't seem to mind but I can't seem to get ahead of it.

I am slowly adjusting to being the only human in the house but I love having the company of Lucky, my faithful dog. Even though he still tries to bully the golf carts, his other behavior is good. I have found scrabble on facebook and enjoy playing with several different people, all of whom are beating me but it is good challenge for my mind.

Thanks for being there and know that I think of you friends often even tho I don't talk as often as I should or want to. Life just gets busy. Any of you who knew Joe and I, know we always had full schedules and that part hasn't changed much. I still miss Joe a lot and think so often of sayings that he used. The other day when I was on the golf course, I thought "now why didn't I let Joe tell me what I was doing wrong ( in golf) while he was here." Yesterday the garbage disposal stopped working. I got out the wrench and turned it and no problem but it wouldn't turn on. When I was telling a friend about it I suddenly thought, "Oh I shouold check the reset button". That was what it was. I am so glad I didn't call a repair man for that!

Enough ramblings. I leave tomorrow morning and have to finish packing.

Take care and God bless all of you.

Mary Anne

No comments: