Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Update for 10-24-06

It's another beautiful day! Sunny with a crispness in the air. These days, each day is a gift. It's amazing what something like Cancer can do for your attitude about the specialness of each day. I am still feeling very well except for the occasional "quesyness" ...(I'm not sure how you spell that). The Vegan diet is going well as I have lost thirty pounds (Yes, 30 lbs.) and managed to pare me down to just overweight from the previous morbidly obese.

As you regular readers know I have decided not to do any chemo. This type of Cancer is medically incurable (boy is that hard to read in the reports about yourself). I have not known anyone who has taken chemo and continued to feel well. I feel well now and so it seems irrational of me to take chemo which will make me feel badly but will extend my life. If I am feeling rotten, why would I want me life extended anyway?

As you know, we are praying for God to heal me but no matter what happens, it will all be in His plan. Words cannot express how humbled I am from all the cards, letters and especially the large numbers of those praying for me. Some time ago I received a prayer blanket and on it was a verse from Joshua 1, 5. "Be strong and couragous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go".
Thanks to all of you who read this for your care and support. I continue to feel wrapped in love and prayer!

Joe

2 comments:

Betty Johnson said...

I think not taking the chemo is a very wise and admirable decision.
Looking back, I wish we had done the same thing but you have to do what you think is right at the time. Sam and I didn't get the miracle that we prayed for so I'll pass my miracle prayer onto you.
Best of luck, hang in there and enjoy your life.
Betty Johnson

fia said...

Hello Joe and MaryAnne, Good to see and read you are geeling good.
I hope you stay that way for many years.Of course I hope to see you both in Bonaire next year. Henk and Wilma and I are their now, and it is wonderful again.
God bless you both and kindly regards Fia