Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Update for 10-3-06

We are getting very excited. We leave for Utah in 2 days and are trying to pack for cool weather in Utah and warm weather in Las Vegas. I want to bring the computer so we can blog along the way (where did that word come from?). We hope we will have room. Joe continues to feel well and we are taking the Xango juice with us and will have a case drop shipped to one of the hotels so Joe can stay on it. We hope to stay as legal as possible to the nutrition program and Joe is such a trooper. I am trying new recipes every day and some are not as successful as others. Yesterday I made a cold raw soup with zuccinni as the main ingredient as well as other vegetables. I could tell when Joe took the first taste it wasn't good. I had him make himself a almond butter and fruit spread sandwich and I continued to eat the soup. This program agrees with my system so well, my irritable bowel is gone! However I know I liked veggies better than Joe to start with. Another thing I realized yesterday is I won't have to cook or prepare raw for two weeks. I can't remember the last time I didn't cook for two weeks. Maybe NEVER. Each day is a blessing and we are trying not to waste them. We pray every day that this cancer will be used for God's glory in some way. As an aside, I started coaching a swim team here at Carillon in June rather than train for Triathlons. What a Godsend decision that was. Our club has competed several times and I love seeing them enjoy swimming as I do. They gave me a gift certificate yesterday for a manicure, pedicure and massage. They will make sure I take care of myself in case I don't. They are also taking over while I am gone so they don't lose two weeks of practice.
Joe is supposed to play his last golf game of the season today but with all the rain last night he may be swimming on the golf course. Love to you all and God Bless. I will do my best to get the computer in. It goes with my favorite scripture - Phil 4-13 I can do all things through Christ who give me strength. That fits in so many situations. Mary anne

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hi,
"blog" came from web log, weblog,which shortened into "blog"
Now, in case you all didn't care about that, there are vlogs, or videologs that deaf people make and put on such sites as youtube.com.
Cassie