Thursday, February 22, 2007

Prayer answered

February 22, 2007
Well, we have good news. Our friends (and neighbors) in Plainfield have offered to let us use their condo in Az for a very reasonable price for 6 weeks. We are all set.
As some of you know I have been having trouble with laryngitis since my cold in January and I saw the ENT this morning and he said I have a partially paralzed vocal chord from my thyroid surgery in December. This is a common complication and it could improve over the next few months but I can use my voice and the left vocall chord will try and compensate for the lack of movement on the right. Anyway no treatment, no surgery, just time.
Joe had some nausea the last two mornings but the rest of the day was OK. We are diving every day as we only have a few days left to get this in. We are trying to watch the sunsets and take in as much of this as we can while we are here. Will keep you informed of our plans but we are so thankful that all the pieces have come together now. Again, thanks for your prayers. God Bless Mary Anne

2 comments:

fia said...

Hallo Joe and MaryAnn. So all good things come together.I hope it gives you a good feeling to begin a new fight.
I donot know if you read this comment today, but Henk,Wilma and I are flying this nght for the sun, and hope to arrive early in the bonairian morning.
We hope to give you both a big hug tomorrow.
Kisses Fia

Caroline Stoufer said...

Dear Joe & Mary Ann -

Good luck with exploring your other treatment options in Arizona and your PT-scan in Chicago. A man from Ouray had the insulin-reducing chemo thing and he swears by it, although I think his cancer has returned, but he's doing the treatment again.

I went to the Bodyworks3 exhibit in Phoenix and there were lots of livers with tumors on display and the vascular system of the liver as well. I think it'll be there still next month. If these things don't make you squeamish, you should go see it. If you can buy your tickets on-line ahead of time, it'll save you standing in line at the Museum for about 30 minutes.

Best wishes for safe travels, Caroline Stoufer