Saturday, February 10, 2007

Enjoying Bonaire

Hi dear friends and family,
We haven't posted in way too long but the good news is we are doing so well.
Joe has had a week of no pain and very little queasiness. The last children left a week ago and his week with them had some pain which is always scary but this week has been great. We have been diving every day and have seen some wonderful things -- like free swimming green moray, turtles, unusual fish etc. We have also seen, from the shore, humpback whales which are rare for Bonaire. We've also seen dolphins. We hope to swim with the dolphins but it is hard to guess where they will be.
We have many friends on the island right now and some more coming so they help fill the loneliness we feel now that the children have left. Joe was not sure he would even be here so we know we are blessed. We heard that another cc friend Mark Clements lost his battle about two weeks ago. We were sorry to hear that and his sister Stacie was responsible for getting the website going to let us keepin touch with each other.
We had our second small group meeting from church here last Tuesday and it went well. It is nice to get to know the permanent residents of Bonaire who share a faith with us and it adds a dimension to our stay here that is very necessary.
We spend each Friday night at the Ribs Factory even tho we don't eat ribs anymore. We do, however, get to join our friends there.
We have been here one month and hope to be here for two more. I still don't have my voice back completely, but it keeps me from talking too much at one time.
Again, thank you to all of you who are praying and caring for us and we thank God for you each day. God Bless and we will try and post sooner the next time.
We're off to dive in the beautiful Caribbean! Mary Anne

2 comments:

Missy said...

Hi Uncle Joe,

Your dives sound amazing and I love the pic of you with the turtle! I am glad that you are feeling well and can have fun with the wildlife (Aunt Mary Anne included)! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Missy

Cassie said...

Hey! I saw the pics you submitted on my behalf to the buddy dive website http://www.buddydive.com/gallery.html

that is so cool. I was just googling my name (because I read that employers will do that Iand I wanted to see what was there) and I found that. Thanks Dad!