Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Update for 1-31-07

We had a great day on Sunday. I was the worship leader and after service I spoke to a group about forming a Small group. We had 13 people sign up. Our friends and next door neighbors from Chicago had come to Bonaire and were at the service. After the service they told us they wanted to be baptized and asked if Mary Anne and I would do it. We had been praying for several years that this would happen. We baptized them that afternoon and it was a great day. We felt very honored that they asked us to do it!!!!

I am feeling OK although some days I have some liver pain and it depresses me. I am still diving. Kevin (our youngest) and his wife Tracy and their little boys are here for the week and it is so good to spend time with them. Other friends, that come to Bonaire each year, came in on Sunday and Tuesday and it is so good to be with them again. When I was diagnosed, I wondered if I would ever see this beautiful little island again.

I believe that I am being sustained by the prayers of so many people. May God bless each of you!

Joe

1 comment:

Caroline Stoufer said...

Soak up some sunshine for me!

-Caroline Stoufer