Friday, January 05, 2007

Update for 1-05-07

As most of you know, we are getting ready to go to Bonaire (small island in the very southern Carribean, near Aruba). We are planning on going for three months and are looking forward to each of our children and their families visiting us while we are there. The island is best know for scuba diving and that is why we went there first. Last year I did about 100 dives there. All of our children and their spouses are scuba certified and our two oldest grandchildren, Matthew and Marianne have done it and will again this year.

I have felt pretty well for the most part. A few days ago I had some nausea and what I thought was associated pain. Whenever that happens and I get any kind of abdominal pain, lots of negative thoughts stream into my head. The last few days I have just had a queasy stomach. Mary Anne continues to do well although yesterday, somehow she subluxated a rib and went immediately to the chiropractor. That really helped and she will go back again today. The intown kids will be coming over on Saturday and we are hoping that they will help us take down the tree. They are pretty wonderful about that kind of stuff. I took down the outside lights last week when the weather was very warm....I have taken them down in below zero weather....it's not as much fun!

Again, thanks to all those who pray for me. I know that I would not be feeling the way I am if it were not for your prayers.

Joe

3 comments:

Cassie said...

sure we can take down the tree.You didn't want us to pick off all the lights and ornaments or anything did you? :)

we got a real one this year and Andrew asked if we were going to throw it away. I told him "It's a real tree, we can't keep it, it has to go in the garbage" and he said "Aren't you going to RECYCLE it???" as if I was horribly evil for wanting to put it in the garbage. I told him "yes.. they will even pick it up and make it into mulch". He was relieved.

fia said...

from a rainy Holland I want to wish You a good flight to our wonderful island Bonaire.I hope it will not take to much time to come there. Have fun by diving, but also take care. My flight is the 23th of february and of course I hope to see You their.

Fia

Megan said...

Hi Joe and Mary Anne-
Lorre Ochs sent me an email telling me about what is "going on" and she gave me the link to your blog.
So glad you will be in Bonaire - I will arrive on 2/16 and leave 3/3. Bob and Judy will be there too.
Looking forward to seeing you again!! You are in my prayers-

Megan (Davies)