Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Joe

Hi Friends,
Today is Joe's 68th birthday and he is coming home this morning. The home care nurse will be here to show me how to do the IV antibiotics for the next three days and then he will switch to oral. His spirits are great and that has to be all the prayers. He walked the hall of the hospital several times yesterday and even did two flights of stairs with P.T. His hemoglobin is up to 10 and his white count is back to normal. He got more platelets yesterday and they will do another blood count before he leaves.
We will be so happy to have him home. The "we" being Lucky and me. The kids will come over for a short visit this afternoon and bring dinner. This was a rough week and we did lots of praying at the bedside. We felt supported by all your prayers and can't thank you enough for being our friends. For the first few days, I again ask for your to use our cell phones. That way if Joe is sleeping the phone won't wake him. He is one of those people who can't just let it ring. Hugs and kisses to all of your - our devoted friends. God Bless Mary Anne

4 comments:

Joe & Mariallyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!
so glad you'll be home for your birthday and continued prayers from us
see you in about 2 weeks
Love, Joe & Mariallyn

fia said...

happy birthday Joe and good to hear you are back home.
Love Fia

Betty Johnson said...

Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you. When someone told me that you just have to take one day at a time, it made me very angry. I didn't want to do that. But here it is, one year and 9 months later after losing Sam and that is exactly what I am doing - taking one day at at time. I don't like it but I don't think I have any other choice. I have followed your journey for a long time; please know that I check on you everyday and wish you my absolute best for strength,peace and a miracle.
Love Betty

Unknown said...

Hi Joe and mary anne,

It was laura's first birthday last wednesday!!! She is now walking little bits at the time!!

I'm glad to hear you are doing better!!!! Hope you will have a great belayed birthday!!!!

Lots of love
wendy, augusto and the monster