Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 30, 2009


Hi friends,

Yesterday would have been our 45th wedding anniversary. Joe and I went together for 4 years before we got married so we really had 48 years together. It was a little hard but I got calls from all the kids and my siblings acknowledging the day so that was helpful. I was gone all day til 8 at night. I had a client for my job in the morning and then Cas and I went to see Postgrad and then to dinner. I also got to see her new kitten, Tristan, who is very loveable and I don't seem to be allergic so that is good. We had a good time just doing some errands before the show and sitting having a coffee in Starbucks. I couldn't drink coffee for about 8-9 years because it bothered my stomach but I started trying it last winter and it seems Ok. I like being able to drink it again and particularly enjoyed iced coffee this summer.



I am still going to grief group at Wellness house and have committed to another four months. It is the same group of people so we are forming a bond and getting to know each other. Last week I shared a picture of Joe and a little more about him and it was very nice. I reread the last year of the blog and came across the poem I wrote near the end of Joe's journey. It still has good meaning even now and I am going to reprint it here. It is from Saturday November 5th, 2008.


Set Your Eyes on Him

In the middle of the night when your mind turns to fright,
Set your eyes on Him.
In the middle of the night, when there's no one else in sight,
Set your eyes on Him.
For when He is in your midst, and you feel the love within,
Then the fear that Satan brings has vanished in thin air.
I know He is around me, I can feel his presence near.
And now that I have named it, I can sleep without the fear.
Oh Jesus, how I love you, and need you by my side.
Through the troubled days ahead, in your words I will abide.
For I know You love me also, and will not abandon me.
And when the trial is over, many blessings I will see.
So stay with me my Saviour, my comfort and my guide.
Until my darling Joseph, is standing at your side.

All I have to change is one word in the last sentence and it works for me now. Instead of "Until I just say "since' my darling Joseph is standing at your side.
I feel God has guided me to a ministry that lets me use my gift of mercy and also provides a small income for me. I love helping other people and it gives me purpose in my life and a feeling of satisfaction as I spend time with my clients and hear their stories.

I have posted a picture of me with my friends (L to R) Pat, Jayne and Joanne as we played in the Rally for the Cure Golf Outing here at Carillon in August. It was a beautiful day and we had lots of fun. It was a scramble so no pressure. (Click on Picture to enlarge...I mean really large).

We have had so much rain I haven't had a good chance to use my new bike much but hopefully as fall approaches I will get out more.

As Michael said, i will be spending the last two weeks of September sitting with his children while they tour some of Europe. Heidi , his wife, is heading for her two year anniversary of carcinoid cancer so that's a good reason for a trip. She is doing well and as I may have said, she did a 84 mile bike ride in Boston in August to raise funds for this kind of cancer.

That's about it for me here. My life has become very busy with working part time. Our two small groups will be starting back up this next month and it will be good to get together with these folks again.

Take care and God Bless. By the way, my email has changed to maryanne80@att.net. I have updated teh link located down the side of these posts.

Mary Anne

No comments: