Thursday, September 17, 2009

September 17, 2009

Hi Friends,
Today is 9 monthssince Joe died. Doesn't seem possible. I went to a remembrance event at Wellness house this past weekend and 8 of our grief group were there as well as others. It was a nice time Sunday afternoon. Some tears were shed but it was good.

Friday I went on a bike ride with Tracy, our daughter in law along the Fox River from Geneva to St. Charles and then back to Batavia. we had lunch outside at Mill Race Inn and the weather was beautiful. Many years ago, Joe and Karen did this same ride. No Joe was never a biker but he just wanted to do this and it brought back great memories.

I am now in Ohio sitting with Michael and Heidi's kids. Today was my first day getting them off to school on my own. Heidi left for Switzerland yesterday to join Mike. We did fine although I ma not used to getting up at 6 which is 5 Chicago time. I went to bed with the kids last night. Their cat Moo didn't come in before we went to bed so at 2 A.M. I got up and he was at the door. Guess he will learn i go to bed earlier than the P's. I have a lot of driving to do after school but I love my Garman and can find my way around with that.

Lucky my Maltese is with Cassie and wouldn't you know, he got sick right after I left. Cas took him to the vet and they think he has gastroenteritis so they gave him a bolus of fluid and antibiotic. He wouldn't eat or drink anything so now Cas has to feed him rice and chicken for a week.

Our good friend Ed (of Ed and Jayne) is in the hospital with pancreatitis and is really sick. Please pray for him. It is hard being away at this time. They were so supportive of me when Joe was sick.

I hope to spend the daytime getting some exercise with walking and bike riding. I sure need it.
it is nice to have someone to cook for for the next two weeks. We will see what I can come up with that the kids will like.

That's about it for now. I am slowly adjusting to single life and am so thankful for my family,church and my friends during this time. I am doing a lot of reading. Currently I am reading "A Proper Pursuit" by Lyn Austin. She came and spoke at our women's breakfast and she is a Christian author. This book is based in Chicago so that is neat.

Enough rambling. have a great day. Take care and God Bless.

Mary Anne

No comments: