Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dedication of Tree


Hi Friends,
This past Sunday the 11th of October we dedicated a tree that was planted behind our house on the golf course. It is traditional that when one of the guys from the Legends Golf League dies, they take up a collection to plant a tree on the golf course in memory of that person.
We had a celebration on Sunday with about 40 people. Earl Ferguson, our pastor led the dedication and finished with the poem by Joyce Kilmer about Trees. It was a clear bright sunny day although a little cool. Three of our four kids were able to make it. Mark and Karen were in town so Mark could run the Chicago Marathon that day (which he did and qualified for the Boston) so we had most of the family here. As it turns out, Michael came into town last night and I will have dinner with him tonight with my sisters. It was a nice closure and the tree is a sunset autumn blaze maple. I took a few pictures and will have my kids help me put them on the blog.

Lucky is also dong fabulous. He now has a shock collar and after only a week, he knows he is not supposed to bark at the front window and I don't even have to zap him each time. It has made life a lot quieter around here. Now I can take him on walks without worrying he will attack someone or me. He is good with golf carts now too.

Next week is our sister getaway to Las Vegas for four days. Then I will spend the weekend in Phoenix with Karen and Mark before coming home. We only saw them for a few hours Sunday and that wasn't enough.

For those of you who know Ed, our neighbor, he is doing much better. They haven't totally ruled out cancer but they haven't found it yet either.

I am doing well and still going to grief group. I read a wonderful book for widows called "Widow to Widow" and it really helped. I may have written that last month but it still has an impact on me.
Hope all of you in the Midwest are enjoying the fall colors. I just love driving around seeing the different hues and marveling how God can put so many colors together and nothing ever clashes.

God is good - all the time.

Take care and God bless.
Mary Anne

No comments: