Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 2009


Hi Friends,
Yesterday was 11 months but whose counting. I am more aware of this time of the year from last year when Joe was in his final days. I read the blog from them and realize how precious those last few months were. We were thrilled when Joe was coherent and could talk to us. I remember how every time I stood him up to take him to the bathroom I got a hug from him. And in the morning i would crawl into the hospital bed with him and cuddle. I hope that is not too much information but those are the things I want to remember about this time last year. Overall I am doing well. Grateful for the grief group I am in that meets twice a month.

I finally got back to swimming this morning after a six month hiatus. I just couldn't get myself motivated and the practice times conflicted with my work times but I am committed to make it work.
I think I went to Vegas with my sisters for four days since I blogged and we had a great time eating and shopping and we saw Terry Fator the ventriloquist at the Mirage which was wonderful. Then I went to Phoenix and spent the weekend with Karen and Mark. We had a great time with no agenda, just time together.

Thanksgiving is fast approaching. Everyone will be in except Karen and Mark who will come for Christmas. I am on Jury duty this week, so no work, but is it boring sitting in the assembly room for 8 hours a day. I read, talk and take naps. I thought I would be able to use my cell phone but no cell phones with cameras are allowed. Can't bring my computer either. Oh well, I'm doing my civic duty. Hope I don't get called at the end of the week and have it go into next week.

I am enjoying leading a bible study this fall and we are studying James which is short but has some great stuff in it. Lots of good verses to memorize.

That's it from my end. Hope you are all well and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Take care and God bless.
Mary Anne

No comments: