Sunday, November 29, 2009

thanksgiving Weekend November 29th, 2009

Hi Family and Friends,
Well, the weekend is over and it was a fine one. Mike and Heidi and kids got in Wednesday afternoon and I took the kids bowling and to dinner while Mike and Heidi met their friends for dinner.

By the way, Michael added that picture of me with the medals. that was from several years ago at the Senior Olympics. Michael did get me swimming twice this weekend at the clubhouse but it surely didn't make up for all I ate this weekend.
Thanksgiving was here and we spent a lot of time going through old slides that Joe took from 1964 through 1973. It was great remembering all those times when the kids were young (and so were we). We laughed at all the styles back then in hair and clothes. I taught the grand kids Rummikub and they seemed to enjoy it.

Friday night was the pizza party hosted by Kevin and Tracy for 50 of us in towners of the Murphy clan. Then Saturday we had our annual Mother Daughter luncheon with 22 of us attending. Probably our biggest group but still not all of us. We were missing Karen, Cath, Molly, Katie, Bonnie, Michelle and Meghan, Mary Anne, Lisa and Brianna and anyone else I may have forgotten.

I realized that as my baby brother turned 61 this year that the six Murphy children are all in their sixties for about 11 months. Amazing.

Saturday night we played Texas Hold Em (or however you spell it) with the adults at my house with Kevin being the big winner, Kirk second and Marianne third./ We finished out the weekend by Tracy, Marianne and I going to the New Moon movie.

The kids helped me get some chores done around the house this weekend and even brought my Christmas Tree up. It is prelit so all I have to do is decorate it.

This Thanksgiving I was especially thankful that I had part of my family here with me and that family ties and memories are so strong. We saw lots of old pictures of Joe and laughed a lot. God has blessed us in so many ways. We are almost at a year without Joe but I think about him all the time and think about how he would react to so many things that happen.

Hope you all had a great weekend and I pray that God will bless you in the weeks that come as we head to Christmas.

Take care,
Mary Anne

No comments: