Saturday, November 10, 2007

Back Home

We did drive back to Chicago on Wednesday the 7th of November. On Thursday I had lunch with Ben Pahlow the co-founder of Global Family Rescue (see link to their website). They are having a fund raiser on Saturday (today) and I am MC-ing it. What a great cause. On Friday, Mary Anne and I went to see Dr. Ayre. I got another IPT treatment and he talked to us about the results of the most recent Pet CT. Not very favorable. The report was not very clear and rather general in nature but it said that the number of tumors in my lungs had increased. I don't know whether this meant from the five that were there to six or to sixty. It also said that some of the tumors had increased in size....no mention of what percentage increase. It also said that the tumors in my liver may be experiencing more viability on the outside ring (the inside is dead). Disappointing that the report was so non specific. The bloodwork that I had done was ALL normal including the CA 19-9 which is the first time that has been normal in a year and a half. (19-9 is a marker for gastrointestinal cancers) We will take the CD of the Pet CT down to Dr Mary Mulkahy at Chicago Northwestern and have her look at it. I am also going to increase the treatment from once every other week to every week and then have another Pet CT in 6 or 7 weeks and see if the increased treatments helped. With the exception of the queasy stomach I am still feeling well.

My continued thanks for your prayers. God bless you,

Joe

No comments: