Monday, November 19, 2007

Summer's Over!

Most of the leaves are off the trees and I have already put up the outdoor Christmas lights. Wow! Summer is definately over and winter is upon us. Even though I won't turn on the Christmas lights 'til Thanksgiving night, they are up and I actually chose a day where it was 68 degrees to do it in. Normally, I like to wait until it is about 20 degrees with a strong wind and then put them up.
I have been going to Dr. Ayre and getting IPT every week since the results of the last Pet CT. My queasy stomach is about the same. It's not so bad; it is just disconcerting! Dr. Ayre is perhaps the most caring physician I have ever encountered. He would be more than willing to come in on a Sunday if I could not get in at another time.
I have been making sawdust in my workshop.....making some things for Christmas....stuff for the neighbors. Cassie, our daughter, who is very artistic put the finishing touches on them and made it look really good. She is very talented and most willing to help.
We will be celebrating Thanksgiving at Kevin and Tracy's house. We will all be together except Karen who is in Phoenix and will have her best friend Kelli there with her. Karen will come in for Christmas but Michael and his family will not. We will fly to Cleveland on December 15 to have Christmas with them. It is so hard to get the whole family together at one time. After being gone for so long it is so good to be back home and attend services at our church here in Carillon. We will actually be home for about two months before we leave for Bonaire (God willing).
Mary Anne's back is hurting her as she has a bulging disc. She is scheduled for an MRI. We are praying that it will resolve on its own and ask for your prayers also.
With Thanksgiving almost here, I think we are all reminded of the vast number of gifts that God has showered upon us. Each of you who read this blog and pray are certainly among our gifts. Thank you!
Have a great Thanksgiving.
Joe

No comments: