Friday, December 21, 2007

Another Pet CT

Last week, I had another Pet CT. It seems that with each one, I become more nervous regarding the outcome. Our primary physician, Dr. Schubert called me on Sunday to let me know that although there was small growth in one of the lung tumors, he would still classify the disease as stable. I certainly thought that this was good news. On Wednesday, we went downtown to see Dr. Mulcahy at Chicago Northwestern. Overall, she just indicated that my tumors seemed to be very slow growing and that I was on the far end of the bell curve. We think that she may have just written us off as we are doing alternative therapy which she refuses attest to its effectiveness. Oh well! I'm not sure it is worthwhile going to see her again.

Last Saturday on the 15th we flew to Cleveland to spend a long weekend with Michael, Heidi and the children. We had Christmas on Sunday morning and Mary Anne, Michael and Heidi went to her oncologist on Monday. I stayed home with the kids as it was a snow day with which they were delighted. Her news was all good with no growth of her tumors. All her blood work was also normal and he didn't think they would do more blood work for several months and another MRI for maybe six months....all good news.

Tonight our daughter Karen flies in from Phoenix and will be with us for Christmas. We will have our Christmas on the 23rd as Kirk and some of the children are busy with church on Christmas eve. On Christmas day we will all head to Kevin and Tracy's for dinner. Mike and family will spend their first Christmas at home in some years. Unfortunately, Karen will have to fly back on Christmas day but we are so grateful that she will be in for a few days, We just don't get to see her as much as we would like.

Immediately after Christmas we will start getting ready to go to Bonaire as we leave on January 9th. We are so blessed to be able to spend time there!

We wish all of you a most blessed and joyous Christmas!

Joe

2 comments:

fia said...

What a qute little doggie, and he is really Lucky to have you as bosses.Good to hear Heidi and you are doing so well.I wish you and the family a Merry Chrismas and all the best for 2008. Have a nice and warm time in Bonaire. I will not be here, cause my daughters new house is ready the first week of march and I promissed her to help.They are busy with the restaurant and I am glad I can help her.
Enjoy the last few days of the year and have a good trip and stay in Bonaire.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing so much detail Joe. Just found you via the CC site. Just wishing you a wonderful holiday.

My own blog (so you know I'm real)
http://schoolstudio.typepad.com/health_and_wellness