Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas is Coming!

Last week, we were able to get the Christmas tree up and all the decorations in the house. I had put up the outside lights when the weather was much warmer. We turned on the outside lights on Thanksgiving evening. Like so many, I love Christmas. What a special event is the birth of our savior. I am enjoying each day and thank God for them. I am still feeling well and if anything my queasyness is less than it had been.
Yesterday I went to the Bears football game. It rained continually until we were in Soldier Field. Then the rain did stop and it didn't rain again. The temps started dropping and the wind picked up but I had soooo many clothes on that I was plenty warm. If I had put on many more clothes, I would not have been able to move. We had to walk a long, long walk from where we parked to the stadium and that was fine for me but Kevin (our son) had invited me and he brought his two boys, Jason 8, and Ryan 6. Jason did fine but Ryan had to be carried most of the way. I think they enjoyed the game....actually they enjoyed all the junk to eat that Kevin bought them. To the surprise of very few, the Bears blew a nine point lead in the fourth quarter and lost. It was a very nice outing. I'm glad Kevin asked me to go although at first I said I would rather stay at home and watch it in High Definition where the temp is always 72 degrees.

It is about 25 degrees here today....very cold but sunshinny. Good day for staying inside!

May God bless each of you.

Joe

1 comment:

fia said...

Hallo Joe and Mary Ann, I really hope the lights will shine for you this Christmas. not only outside, but also in your hearts and in the hearts of the people you love.
My prayes are with you and your family.
A big and warm hug from your Dutch girlfriend.
Fia