Saturday, February 14, 2009

February 14th, 2009


Hi Friends,
Happy Valentines Day! I am enjoying the warm weather down here. I have been diving about 15 times and no matter how many dives you have had, you always see somthing new. Not on every dive but occasionally. This week we saw a group of scrawled file fish (about 18) together with a school of blue tangs feasting on an algae garden. You normally see one of two of them together but not a group. There was also a large blue parrot with them and they weren't paying any attention to us. We just hung there and watched for a few minutes.
I have spent most evening with friends. Our friend from Germany, Roland, celebrated his 70th birthday this week and 22 of us went to dinner. That was great fun. I have taught my friend, T.C. hand and foot and Mexican train Dominoes so we can play with Ed and Jayne and Bob and Diane. She is leaving the island for good on the 21st. She is American but has lived here for about 18 years.
Lucky and I walk each morning and evening and he is doing well chasing the lizards but not barking at them. He has adjusted to our routine down here which almost always includes an afternoon nap. The weather is always 80 with warm breezes blowing. We get occasional rain but it doesn't last long.
I belong to a small group down here that Joe started about three years ago and there are now about 12 people in it. It meets on Tuesday nights in the Pastor's backyard. It is a different group of people than I dive with and it is nice to touch base on a spiritual level with people from the island. We also have church on Sunday in English at the International Bible Church of Bonaire. Small church but really nice people.
I have really enjoyed having the internet and skype in my condo this year. I can keep up with family and friends so much easier, I don't feel so distant.
That's about it for now. Have a great day. Tell someone you love them today and God bless you.
Mary Anne

1 comment:

pam h said...

Hi Mary Anne,
I've been thinking about you and glad to see you are surrounded by good friends...and Lucky too!
Blessings,
Pam Haines