Friday, February 20, 2009

What the pictures are about

February 20, 2009
Hi Friends.
My daughter Cassie put these pictures up for me so here is what they are about. Last Sunday T.C. gave me a ride on her motorcycle and we drove to Rincon, a small town that used to be the capital. The children's parade for the Carnival was there . We left before the parade started but had a drink with friends and then rode home. She went nice and slow so I wasn't afraid. That is only the second time I have been on a motorcycle. It's not really my thing but I wasn't afraid and it is a whole different feeling than riding in the car.

Then this week on Thursday T.C. and I went to volunteer at the Animal shelter. They had 10 puppies there as well as about 30-40 other dogs. They need people to play with them and socialize them so they will be more adoptable. I will go again next week and Ed and Jayne are coming with me. The good thing is that no matter how attached we get, we can't bring one home like we could in the states so it is safe.
Our friends from Germany, Roland and Renata, leave for home on Tuesday but other friends from Holland come in the beginning of March.
Today on our dive we saw a goliath fish which is a very large grouper. That was exciting and unusual on Bonaire. We haven't seen on of these for about 5 years.
That is about it for me. I keep in touch with the kids with skype which works really well and only costs me .02 cents a minute.
Bye for now. Take care and God Bless. Mary Anne

No comments: