Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Pat's March 17, 2009

Hi friends,
Well I am back from Florida and had a great time visiting with my sister and their husbands. My sister Ron's son Johnny was with us also and it was great to spend some adult time with him also. We played games, did a little shopping, a lot of sitting by the pool, reading and napping. I grew up in a family where my Mom napped every day so I started doing that while I was in college. I managed to keep it up even while working full time by taking my nap around 8 at night watching TV with Joe. I would often miss the last 15 minutes of a show but now with recorders, it isn't important.
I came back from Florida with what I thought was a cold but it cleared so quickly when I got back here I think it was an allergic reaction to the pollen of the trees. I snorkeled the first two days but now I know I can clear my ears so I am going diving tomorrow. We only have a few days left to dive as we leave a week from tomorrow and we have to wash and dry all the gear so we can pack it away. Lucky did great staying with Ed and Jayne while I was gone and it appears (as I suspected) that it is the owner who needs training, not the dog. I will look into that when I get home. He is great except he barks when anyone comes in because he wants to be picked up. When Joe was sick I just did it to keep him quiet and now he expects it.
Today is three months since Joe died. I found out yesterday that Karen and Mark are going to be able to come in for Easter so the whole family will be together again for the first time since the funeral and wedding.

I have tried swimming the last two days and my left shoulder is still giving me problems. I can have one more shot and then have to look at other options. I am disappointed because I love swimming. I will still enter the state meet in April but don't expect to do well, just help the team get some points.

Ed and Jayne are coming for dinner and then we are off to Bible study at the pastor's house.
I have had a good time on Bonaire with no schedule except to dive and see friends and it has been a good hiatus for me. I am adjusting to being without Joe but I know it will take a long time. I so love the emails from all you friends. It keeps me in touch and let's me know what is going on in your lives. I hope to see many of you in IL. very soon and I thank you for warming up the weather there for us.
Love to you all and God bless. Mary Anne

No comments: