Wednesday, April 08, 2009

April 8, 2009

Hi Friends,
Obviously I am back home and it is harder being here than in Bonaire but I am quite busy with taxes UGH!, swimming to get ready for the state meet and physical therapy for my shoulder. It is an old injury but I am trying to rehabilitate it to avoid surgery.

Speaking of rehabilitation - are you familiar with Caesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer? Well we actually have a guy right here in Naperville that does the same thing. Hearing about him I thought I would try it because Lucky has gotten so aggressive with other dogs when we go on walks and the golf carts going by has always been a problem.

Well, as I suspected, I have let him become the leader of the pack (not just since Joe died either). So I have strict things I am to do with him to let him know I am the leader. When this man took the leash, Lucky knew who was boss and although he tried his insane barking, he did not get away with it and after just a couple times, we were able to walk by Jayne's Carrie blue terrier without Lucky going nuts. He is no longer allowed to sleep on the bed, he has to eat after I do and I have to pick the food up after 15 minutes. He gets no petting unless he does something for it like sit or lay down. He has to walk at a heel all the time because otherwise he thinks he is the leader and is hunting for me. Oh my, so many things to change. But Sandy was very positive in that he thought Lucky could turn around very quickly. That is if I do. So that is my focus. Of course i have all the kids coming in for Easter tomorrow so that will be interesting to say the least. Michael is bringing his Bichon, Jewel, and at least they get along.

The golf cart issue is going to be more difficult but if i can take command, that should fall into place after the other things.

I love being back in my home church. I sang with the worship team last Sunday and that was great. I'm back in my bible study and our evening small group will start back up after Easter so the calendar is filling up. Evenings at home are quiet but my friends try to keep me busy.

I am switching my Internet service tomorrow so I may have to have a new email address. Be on the watch for the change.
I am trying to decide whether to close this blog now. I will talk it over with the kids but I am doing well and I do have a facebook page if anyone wants to know what I am doing. I may switch to that. I want to print out this blog so I can have it to read but the main purpose was to keep you all informed about Joe and we know he is doing fine. So am I. I couldn't have done it without the Lord and all your prayers but I have a lot of peace. Thanks for being our friends. I hope I can support you in the way you supported me.
Take care and God bless.
Mary Anne

No comments: