Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 26, 2009

It has been a busy few weeks with Easter and then my State Masters Swim Meet this past weekend.  - Oh well it is already Saturday of the next weekend but you know what I mean. Anyway, after only three weeks of training for me, our team managed to come in first only 11 points ahead of Evanston so we were surprised and happy.  I did well in my age group getting 8 firsts and one second - however my times were way off last year.  I'm counting this as my off year.
 
The kids are keeping me so busy I have a hard time getting my naps in.  I was able to see Andrew in his dress rehearsal for the talent show  and I will spend Tuesday evenings with Kev, Tracy and her family.  Our Thursday night small group has started up again  and it is good to share with them again after so long away.
 
Lucky is doing well on part of his dog training - the sleeping in his own bed and the feeding schedule but he is terrible at barking at the people with dogs passing by and the golf carts.  He really needs good walks to tire him out.
In my spare time I am playing scrabble on face book with a few different people and it is really fun. I am losing all the games I am playing but it keeps my mind active and I come up with a good word now and then.
 
Emotionally, I am doing OK but feeling the loneliness of not having Joe around more and more.  We used to love to sit on the deck together in the afternoon and just talk and now that the weather is nicer I will miss having him there even more.  I hope to start with a grief group at Wellness House in May.  I went there while Joe was alive in support groups for people with metastatic disease and it was really good.
 
Until I write again,  Take care and God bless.
 
Mary Anne

No comments: