Sunday, July 15, 2007

July 15, 2007

Hey All,

Yes! There really is a "Joe". I am so grateful to Mary Anne for writing on the blog with such faithfulness. She takes such great care of me. We have been home a couple of weeks now and it is all I expected that it would be. Great friends, lots of relaxing and a church we love to attend.

I am really feeling well these days. For the last few weeks I have not had a queasy stomach at all. This is the first time since Sept of 05 that I have felt normal again....Praise God! As Mary Anne has told you the latest Pet CT was excellent.....what a gift! The procedure along with the chemo and low red & white blood count really took its toll on me. I had NO energy whatsoever. Mary Anne said that if my friends had seen me then they would have been really frightened. I know I was. I believe that I am all the way back to normal now(or at least as normal as I get). I played golf last week, shot a 90 and was not tired when we were through. I was very interested to see how I was going feel after playing 18 holes but I felt just fine.

I led worship at church service this morning and it felt soooo good. I love being able to worship with our friends and neighbors. As always I am so overcome and struck by the number of people who are praying for me....it is so humbling. My thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Love ya,

Joe

2 comments:

Charles Nance said...

Joe, glad to hear you are doing better. I've been one of those silent sam prayer partners for you over the last couple of years. You said you shot a 90. How'd you do on the back nine? We will continue to pray for your health and God's presence in your life.

Charles Nance

Lindred13 said...

Joe - you certainly sound great! I can't tell you how much we in AZ miss you and Mary Anne, but we are happy that you are home. What a pleasure to have you in our church and in our cell, even temporarily. We will look forward to your visits. We love yunz guys! Linda