Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Home at last! We arrived home yesterday about 4 in the afternoon and we were so happy to see our house. Ed and Jayne were sitting on our driveway reading their mail just waiting to help us unload the car, and was it ever full. The whole trunk was loaded as well as a bike rack with our two bikes and the whole back seat. They made short work of it and we were so grateful for the help. At least this time Joe could help unload stuff. When Karen and I packed up, all Joe could do was sit there.
Earl and Pat stopped over last night as well as our neighbors and we felt so welcomed. We live on the golf course and today all sorts of people saw Joe outside on the deck and they stopped to say hello. There is nothing better than hugs to lift your spirits.
We are slowly getting everything put away and Cas and Kirk and the kids are coming over tomorrow to share the 4th so it will really feel like we are back when they get here. As soon as I show Joe how to do the blog again he will write for himself and you will be able to tell he is back to his usual cheery self. We can't believe the improvement in just two weeks of no chemo. We think Joe will do no chemo or treatment for a month. We look forward to a summer of relaxing, sharing with friends and family and being back at our home church. As I promised, if I got my voice back after my thyroid surgery, I would try out for the worship team so that will happen in the next few weeks. Although I don't like being in front of people, I love praising the Lord, so that will outweigh being in front of people. Can't wait to see all our church friends next Sunday and my golfing ladies this Thursday. The joy of the Lord surely is our strength. Take care. God Bless. Mary Anne

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi,

Welcome home. Carol Roman was kind enough to send me the link to your blog, and it's be great catching up. I'm so glad I "tuned" in just in time for some good news.

I was just thinking about the early days of the Carillon Theatre Guild and how without Joe and Ron we would have never gotten it off the ground. Those were some good times. I really miss being involved. Maybe now that I've quit my day job to write full time I can do something with the guild again--a small something.

Dave and I are keeping you in our prayers.

Best,
Denise Swanson Stybr