Monday, August 13, 2007

Empty House

Mary Anne left for Houston, TX on Friday morning and will not return until Monday evening. She, as you probably know, is a swimmer and belongs to the Naperville Waves. She traveled to Houston to compete in the Masters National Swim Meet. This pits the best swimmers in the country against each other. She did wonderfully well. In her five races she got a fourth, three thirds and a second. I am very proud of her and she was very happy with how she did.

I took this time to get some things done around the house that I have wanted to do for a long time. Cleaned some spots in the carpet, did some painting around the garage door and side door and also patched and painted the ceiling in the master bath. I spent some time figuring why the whirlpool tub was not working and was able to fix that; so it was a productive few days. I am sure looking forward to her return however.

Our son Kevin has decided to hold a golf outing to "Celebrate the Life of Joe Coburn". It will be held on September 14 and will include lunch, a trick shot demonstration by Peter Longo ( the best in the world) 18 holes of golf (scramble) and dinner. Cost: $80.00 Any proceeds will go to Global Family Rescue (their link is on the right). They are helping under-resourced families in Uganda. If you are interested in attending, email me and I will take care of it!!!! (You can download a registration form in the links area or just click here too!) I am still feeling great. Thanks for all the prayers!

Joe

No comments: