Sunday, August 26, 2007

Triathlon Update

Our sons, Kevin and Michael competed in the Chicago Tri today. There were 8400 competitors making it the largest Tri in the world. Kevin, who was challenged by his older brother, not only finished the race (we had some concerns) but did very well. Michael bettered his best time and then left to drive back to Ohio (about a six hour + drive). We were very proud of both of them.

At service today, Mary Anne joined the worship team. It was very nice to be singing together with her. She did a great job and we will be singing together again in September.

This Thursday, I will have another PET CT. This will show what's going on in my body and what the tumors are doing. Even though I feel well, I have concerns each time I have a scan. Of course, I am praying that the tumors have not grown at all. I am also hoping that the Insulin Potentiation Therapy which I am taking every other week will be enough to maintain where I am. I have another one of those treatments on Wednesday. The last time I had this treatment I was very nauseated and so I am hoping that doesn't repeat itself.

Lots of people are signing up to come to the Celebration of Joe Coburn's Life Golf Outing. I am bowled over by the number and distance that some are traveling to attend. Very humbling!!!

Thanks to each of you who are praying for me. It touches my heart so!

Joe

No comments: