Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Update for 11-1-06

Mary Anne and I went to see the Oncologist, Mary Mulcahy, at Northwestern in downtown Chicago this morning. It's always so much fun to drive to the loop...almost 2 hours of stop and go on the expressway....hmmmm, a misnomer there. Regardless, we had an excellent visit with her and I explained that I was not going to take any chemo or other treatment at this time. She agreed and said that the decision was "well thought out, intelligent and courageous". It was very affirming to have her say that. She said that if some treatment would be able to give me a chance at a cure then she would be pushing for it but under the circumstances any treatment was only palliative and inasmuch as I was feeling well there was not much sense in doing it. I left with an even increased sense that I have made the right decision.
The next trip will be to Palm Desert for two weeks the first part of December. Our love and thanks to all out there who follow the blog and support and pray for me. I am so humbled, bouyed and thankful for your prayer and encouragement.

Joe

No comments: