Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Update for 11-21-06

Thanksgiving will be fast upon us and as Mary Anne said, all the children will be in town. There are 17 of us and it is so great when we all get together. The "boys" have decided that when the "girls" are having the mother/daughter lunch on Saturday, we are going to go to a sporting clays course and do a little shooting. A little different than trap or skeet as it will represent more hunting-type shots of all kinds

Tomorrow is going to be in the 60's and I will put up the Christmas lights....a chore I hate doing but love the results! It would seem that each year I test all the lights and then string them all around only to discover after they are all up that a number of them no longer work...*#&##**#@. They are traditionally turned on at the Coburn's on Thanksgiving evening (at least those that still work will be turned on).

I have so much to be thankful for. God has been so good to me and our family. He has cared for us through all the highs and the lows. I do not see this time as a low as I am feeling very close to God and as I have said before, I know all this is in His plan. Among the many things for which I am thankful are all of you who read this and pull for me and pray for me. Knowing that I have so many praying for me is such a great comfort and blessing. May each of you, regardless of your current situation, realize how blessed you are and thank God for all the blessings you have received. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Joe

4 comments:

Caroline Stoufer said...

Dear Joe & Mary Anne -

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

I feel lucky to have another Thanksgiving in my life, AND my birthday is this Saturday so I will at least make it to 52.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family, and thank you for your posts. Your Wellness Center sounds like a great resource.

Sincerely,
Caroline Stoufer
Fellow CC Patient, Ouray, CO
Still here!

wendy said...

Hi Joe,

Happy thanksgiving!!! Only a few more weeks and you'll be with us!!! Friday i'm going to the doctor for my baby check!!! I'm feeling great. I'll try to send you some sunshine for thanksgiving!!!

Love
wendy

TC said...

You are such an inspriration to all us and especially to me. Your faith is so very stong, I envy you that. Have a wonderful day and know that my prayers are with you and hope to see you soon in Bonaire.
LOVE YOU GUYS
FOREVER FRIENDS
"TC"

TC said...

Hi
Just tried to sign up for this and hope it works.
Hope you have a wonderful and and know that you ARE an inspriation to all especially to me.
My prayers are with you can't wait to see you in Bonaire.
LOVE YOU GUYS
"TC"