Thursday, November 09, 2006

Update for 11-9-06

Things are pretty relaxed here right now. We are just kind of kicking back after the trips to Utah and North Carolina. Yesterday and today are beautiful here with temps in the high 60's low 70's. I played golf yesterday and except for my back which always bothers me a bit when I golf, it was all great! We will be heading for Palm Desert on December 4th and will return on December 17. All the children will be in town for Thanksgiving and that is always a wonderful time.

I have had a large number of responses to my decision not to have chemo and all have been supportive regarding that decision. We are still doing the vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and grains diet (Oops! life style change). It's OK but I still get a great yearning for "real" food. I feel fine on this regimine and as a side benefit have lost 30 lbs. I am not drinking a bottle a day of Mangosteen any longer. I think I did that for about four weeks. I do drink a glass each day now along with Barley Max and Carrot Max and some carrot juice.
Thanks again for all your support and prayers.

Joe

2 comments:

Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom said...

Hope you feel better and better.

Not having chemos is an option. The best thing in healing is that you feel good about it. I believe with your great diet, you feel a lot better. Health is in heart and mind.

My prayers are for you.

BTW, I love carrot juice.

Karen Putz said...

Mary Ann and Joe,

That's a wonderful picture of the two of you!

What a blessing that you both are able to enjoy your trips. You're in my thoughts and prayers.