Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Update for 11-29-06

Well, Joe has been busy going to the doctor with me the last two days. I need to have my thyoid removed due to Herthle cells in a nodule and there are multiple nodules. They say it is very fixable whether it is malignant or not so I will have the surgery the 19th of December, as soon as we return from Palm Desert. (We are going there for two weeks beginning the 4th of December.) Dr. Schubert, our internist, was happy to see Joe yesterday and see that he was doing well. He had a minor pain (it is always minor when it isn't yours), on the weekend near his sternum but it left on Monday. Sometimes he will be nauseated after a meal but it leaves in several hours. I am trying to get him to look at it as a bunch of tumor or toxins breaking off and getting out of his system. We have modified our diet to truly vegan but not truly raw. We're having more cooked foods but all organic and vegan. Found a great sloppy joe recipe that is all soy. You can't tell the difference. Panera Bread is a great place for us to eat with salads and vegetarian soups.
Joe's TV bulb burned out and will be fixed tomorrow, but I have graciously allowed him to watch mine in the bedroom the last two days. I, of course, don't tape the same shows he likes but any TV is better than no TV. Since I have given this nasty cold to our neighbors Ed and Jayne and Pastor Earl and his wife Pat are afraid of getting it, we haven't played hand and foot for weeks. We are having withdrawal. Hopefully we will get some cards in tonight.
It looks so nice coming down our street seeing all the Christmas lights. I love this time of year with the music and the hustle and bustle. Hope you all get your shopping done early and can enjoy the Christmas season. I opted out of most of the shopping and gave the kids checks to do a Christmas memory with their family or whatever they wanted. Since 7 of the 11 of our family that will be in for Christmas are now doing vegetarian ,we probably won't have our traditional beef tenderloin on Christmas Eve. We will have to talk about options. I have really rambled but wanted to keep in touch. Thank you for your prayers and we thank you for all being there for us. God Bless Mary Anne

1 comment:

Cassie said...

What? no beef wellington? :(

Maybe I could make a raw soy version? just kidding.
Know that you have people praying for you who dont know you and have never met you. (People in my classes and people at work)
Cassie