Thursday, January 08, 2009

Bonaire Bound


I have talked with Cassie and Mom and they arrived safely to Bonaire by Tues/Wed of this week. But not without incident. Kirk got his video camera stolen by the baggage handlers. How frustrating. Hopefully there will be compensation from American Eagle for this issue. Note to travelers, do not separate your self from your camera or video camera or I-Pod during travel at all costs. This was a situation where they had to put their hand luggage into the baggage area since it was a small commuter plane. Dad's ashes traveled along with mom and will reach their final resting place at the bottom of the ocean along Bonaire's incredible coral reefs and diverse aquatic sealife that Dad so enjoyed. His photos will be with us forever. So far it sounds like it is not been so emotional being back in Bonaire without Dad, but those moments surely will come. I watched the Patrick Swayze interview last night and I guess I am so out of touch and certainly don't read the gossip celebrity magazines (rags) that I did not know he had Pancreatic Cancer. While he did not look great, I was so impressed by his relationship with his wife of 33 years and his committment to living life as best he can. His movie "Ghost" seems so appropo and the clips they showed were moving. I wanted to share this blog with he and his wife so that they both can see that what they are inevitabley going to face at some point can be a beautiful and celebratory process and not some terrible death march. I do sense that they are both making the most of their situation.


Happy New Year to all.

No comments: