Friday, January 02, 2009

January 2, 2009

Hi Friends,
Well Christmas is over, the kids came over and helped me take down the tree and decorations and the house is back in somewhat order. I am going to Bonaire on Tuesday with our oldest daughter Cassdie and her husband Kirk for a week. The first time there will be the hardest but we know there are already dive friends there and lots of island people that are our friends. I have been busy with paperwork sending people death notices etc. and family is calling all the time to see how I am. I don't think it has sunk in yet that Joe is gone forever but the house sure seems empty with just Lucky and me. Trying to adjust to the word widow is even hard. Joe and I loved to play hand and foot and tonight I played with Cas and Kirk and their son and that was fun.

I decided not to write a Christmas letter this year. Everyone who has been reading the blog knows what has been going on in our life so it would be redundant but we had a great year and had many blessings along the way. Although I still catch myself wanting to tell Joe things or ask him where something is, we didn't leave any important things unsaid. Well... unless you call turning the furnace off tonight thinking I was turning off the humidifier!!!. Cas was all wrapped up in the afghan and said "what is the temp in here anyway?" When I checked, it was 69. Just little things like that. Good for a laugh for sure. Love to you all and take care and God bless. Happy New Year. Mary Anne

4 comments:

fia said...

Dear Mary Ann,
Have a good 2009. Try to look forward with beautiful memories of the past. Have a good flight and I hope the Bonairain sun will do you good.
kisses Fia

Cassie said...

I always remember Dad saying "Mary Anne is PERFECTLY comfortable within a 3 degree range". Unfortunately, *I* am the one who gets cold easier than Mom so I noticed how cold it was. When mom said it was 74 in here, I said "No way! It feels like 69!! " then Kirk read the thermostat again and we realized the furnace wasn't running... Miss you, Dad

Lorre said...

Thank you for making Joe's Bonaire photo book available, and Cassie thank you for putting it together. I received mine today and it is beautiful. It brings back many wonderful memories of dives with Mary Anne and Joe.

I hope you are enjoying the sun and the love and support of all your friends in Bonaire.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary Ann,

Enjoy Bonair with much laughter and tears. It is great that you will be able to experience your return to Bonair with your family.

a hug from me and wet kisses from Gabe