Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30, 2009

Hi Friends,
Well, I made the leap and changed the name of the blog. You will still be able to view the past posts and get to the site the same way but I felt I needed to take this next step. My trip to Phoenix for the AZ. reception for Karen and Mark was wonderful. Although it wasn't warm to them at 65, it felt good to me coming from Chicago. Now I am in the process of trying to gather tax info, which was always Joe's job, and do all the errands necessary to get ready to go to Bonaire again next Tuesday. Lucky will come with me this time and he is spending some time in his traveling bag to get ready. He loves it when he see it come out. We took video of scattering Joe's ashes and it is linked.

I am doing well. I went to a couple grief sessions at Wellness house this past month and will check out other options when I return from Bonaire. But the one thing the facilitator said will stick with me. Where I am is OK and try to live in the moment and not worry about next week or next month. Our daughter Cassie said the same thing. Everywhere I go I run into people who knew Joe. Today I was at the hardware store, one of Joe's favorite places and the checkout girl said, "You are Joe's wife, he was such a great guy". It reminded me that Joe always stopped to talk to the sales people and made them feel special. I miss him a lot but my life is still really busy sorting through things and getting paperwork in order. We had lots of friends who have been very supportive to me and I know we will remain friends.

I will write from Bonaire but probably not as often. Unless of course you want to hear about all the fish I will see diving - boring for those who don't' dive but that is the focus of the day usually. Lucky and I will go for long walks on the beach road and we will both get needed exercise. He gained a half pound (up to 7.5) and I'm not telling how much I gained in the last three months. I am definitely a stress eater.

Enough meanderings - love to all of you and God Bless you in this winter season. Mary Anne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Have a safe and pleasant trip. Would love to see your pictures of the fish..

Wet kisses from Gabe
A hug from me

Megan said...

Hi Mary Anne-
I still follow your blog faithfully. I admire your strength and honesty as you live each day. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in December. The good news is that we caught it very early. I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy- the node was negative. I will have 6 weeks of radiation- no chemo. I feel very blessed. I am sorry I will not be in Bonaire this year(went to the Galapagos Islands)..see you in 2010.
Love - Megan

Anonymous said...

Aunt MaryAnne,

It's great to see you keeping yourself busy, and I'll keep following your blog, its great to know what everyone is up to these days, since we don't get much of each other anymore. Have a great time in Bonaire and take lots of pictures....

Love - Chris