Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Autumn Leaves


Hi Friends,
I'm sure many of you remember the song "September Song" where it says,
"The autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few
September, November
And these few precious days I'll spend with you These precious days I'll spend with you "
- Well, that is where we are now. Joe has not eaten anything in a week. He is only drinking about a glass of liquid a day. His meds are liquid and very small amounts so he hardly has to swallow. The toxins in his body have taken away most chance of him saying something coherent and it just agitates him to try. I am giving him ativan for the agitation routinely now and he had a much better night sleep because of it.
I am writing early to let you know our electric will be off for several hours today so the regular phone won't work. Don't worry. It should be back on by two this afternoon. They are doing some work in the neighborhood.
Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments on the blog. They lift me up to hear how many of you loved Joe and what he meant in your life. It will be hard to let him go but my prayer is that God will take him soon. What is left here now is not the man we all knew. Cas and I both got a hug last night (and had a good cry too). Don't worry about me. I know this will be hard but I have Jesus to walk beside me in spirit and in those who love me here on earth. I will post if there are any changes. I got to talk to my pen pal,Janette, in Scotland last night and that was special. We have been friends since we were 11 so that is a lot of years. She and her husband came to America to visit us about a month before Joe got diagnosed.
Again, thank you to all who visit here. Take care and God Bless. Mary Anne

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been a long goodbye, but you have had the opportunity to say everything you have wanted and will have no regrets. That is a blessing many people don't get. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
Eleanor and Bill Blankenburg

The Sanders said...

Mary Anne and family: Your faithfulness in keeping us informed about the status in your lives is nothing short of amazing. Thank you for sharing the pictures of what we have all come to know as a wonderful and loving family. You have blessed our lives by sharing this beautiful and sad journey. Your poetry touches my heart. You are ever in our hearts and prayers. Marshall and Trudy Sanders

Anonymous said...

Sending you a hug.

Anonymous said...

MaryAnne & Family:
Know that your family are in our nightly devotions. Your awesome faithfulness is an inspiration to all and especially to our family. Thank you for sharing that during this very difficult time.

Lori Finifrock & Family
(Insituform Technologies)

Anonymous said...

Mary Anne,
We haven't known you and your family very long, but we've come to learn a lot about your loving family through this blog. You're all so incredibly open with what you all have shared. It's always hard to lose someone you love, but to share that journey with so many is truly amazing. May you all continue to feel God's presence as you walk these final days.
John and Donna Christopherson

Anonymous said...

MaryAnne, Joe will be sorely missed and I am glad you all had so much time to say goodbye. My prayers are for all of you.
Marge K