Monday, December 01, 2008

A Blanket of Peace


Hi Friends,
Well, I guess it is back to me blogging since Michael has gone back home. Karen is still here with me until Thursday. We can only go one day at a time and see what happens. I went to church with Karen and Mark yesterdy while Mike was still here and the message was about hope. And our hope is that we can keep Joe comfortable and at home. He is eating small meals about once a day when he feels like it. He has periods of confusion where he can't get the right words out and that is hard for him. Today we prayed that as the snowfall outside is a visual reminder of peace, peace would come and be a blanket over Joe.

The song we sang in church keeps running through my mind(the young people call it a worm I think) but the words are:
My life is in You Lord
My strength is in You Lord
My hope is in You, Lord
In You, it's in You

These words and thoughts and God's grace through your prayers are giving us the strength we need each day. Thank you for being with us in this time.
God Bless,
Mary Anne

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been following the blog since I found out about it. The "giving away of the bride" on Thanksgiving was very meaningful to me as I could not even make it through "The Father and the Bride" movie without sobbing. We continue to pray that Joe is comfortable and pray daily for you and the family.

Randy and Trudy

bridget said...

Hi Coburn Family-
My name is Bridget and I’m sure this comes as no surprise to you that Joe was an instrumental in changing my life. I worked at a hotel in Chesterfield MO and had many conversations about travel, family and God. Joe witnessed to me and prayed with me and I was saved that day! My life has never been the same and I thank God that he was in the right place at the right time. I think the blog demonstrates what a wonderful person he is and how awesome his friends and family are. My prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

So happy that you have been able to spend such meaningful time together and that Joe hasn't had too much pain. Have a peaceful night. Michelle