Monday, December 08, 2008

Hi Friends,
Sorry I forgot to post yesterday. It was another quiet day. I stayed home with Joe and didn't go to church but they brought communion to us. Joe is not coherent most of the time but he knew he was getting communion. Last night our son-in-law Kirk stayed with Joe and Cas and I went to see Mame at Drury Lane with friends. It was hard leaving Joe but good to have a little break and be distracted for awhile. I put the Statler Brothers CD on yesterday and Joe was naming the songs as they came on but it is no longer possible to have a conversation with him. My sister Ron is coming over today and I talked to my brother from Colorado yesterday. My siblings have been so supportive on the phone checking in each day and it is hard to know what to say. I don't know how much longer Joe can hang on with no solid nourishment and very little fluids.
When the time comes, I will post on the blog what the arrangements are as I know I won't be able to call everyone that would want to know so please keep checking the blog. I hope that doesn't seem to impersonal but I don't want to leave anyone out.
Please pray for peace in these final days and comfort for Joe. He has been a terrific patient not complaining about his situation and thanking everyone for the little things they do. Hospice comes today so I will update if there is anything new. God bless. Mary Anne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Anne,

I continue to hold you and your family close in my heart. Words seem so inadequate but I know God will give you strength and peace for the coming days. I'm glad you were able to spend some time taking care of the caregiver. That's so important. Just remember, you are not alone.

In Christ!
Pam

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I continue to keep you, Joe and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately I know all too well what you are going through. I am glad to read you are taking care of yourself, I didn't and it is so very important. If you need to talk, please don't hesitate to contact me. Stay strong.
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Mary Anne,

We have to agree with others that we are holding all of you close to our hearts during this time. You are in our prayers and was even thinking and praying for you early this morning as I woke up. Love you both so much.

Lee and Betty

Anonymous said...

I pray for God's continued strength. May his love and promise be a great comfort to you in the days ahead. All my love - Michelle

Anonymous said...

Joan and Marc Adler from Denver brought my wife Ginger and I to Bonaire around February 2001. We went on an amazing few dives together and it was truly a memory I hold dear. It was like we were all flying along the reef. I'm saddened to hear Joe has not been doing well. Obviously you are in our prayers.
Chaz & Ginger Mattson

fia said...

dear Mary Ann and Joe,
May the faith in God give You the strength to get trough these difficult days. It is good to see how many people love you both. My thoughts are with You too.
Kisses and hugs from Your Dutch girlfriend.
Fia