Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December 10, 2008

Hi Friends,
Joe and I had another peaceful day. The hospice nurse was here today as well as the aide to give Joe care. He tries to pull himself together to communicate when they come but it is very difficult now. Something happened to Lucky today and I took him to the vet but no difinitive answer. He just got reallly lethargic and had tremors most of the day. All the vet could find was a sore throat so he is on an antibiotic but tonight we realized that he has a really sore spot behind his left shoulder so I will take him back tomorrow and have an x-ray done. I think the tremors were from pain. Lucky is laying on the bed with his head on a pillow. I had to bring his food into him to eat as he doesn't want to move. Do you think I am spoiling him?
Joe asked today how many days til the wedding. I asked him if he was trying to hang on til then and he said no. His vital signs are stable but we lose a little ground each day. Thanks for all your words of support. God bless. Mary Anne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending love your way. Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Lucky will be fine. Sometimes animals have tremors when they are in pain. And animals are very intuitive. He knows Joe is at the end of his journey here and that is why he stays with him constantly. He will grieve like all of us, but he'll be okay!

Charles Nance said...

Mary Anne, I was thinking this morning about Joe and all the wonderful times we had together. In reflecting on our time together, I offer these words in hope they will provide some comfort to you: The world will be a worse place without Joe. The world is a better place because of Joe. Heaven will be a brighter place with Joe there. God Bless and may he bring you peace in the coming days. Love Charles & Barbara

Anonymous said...

I was remembering last year when you and Joe came to put up the tree and how beautiful it looked. Words can never express my gratitude. I treasure the talks Joe and I would have when he drove me to PT.
Just wanted to let you know.

Gabe hopes Lucky is feeling better and sends wet kisses to you and Joe.