Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday December 12, 2008

Hi Friends,
Thanks to those of you who email me rather than comment on the blog. It took me awhile to figure out the blog and some of you want your comments to be private. I love them wherever they are. I cherish your thoughts and your prayers. My sister Trish was with me most of the day. The hospice nurse and aide were here also. the nurse said his blood pressure is falling some and his pulse is rising a little. Those are both expected signs of changes. Joe is no longer able to drink from a straw or communicate. We put a pain patch on him today that will work for three days. He isn't having any specific pain but just seems uncomfortable any time we move him. I promised to keep him comfortable and hospice is very good at helping me make decisions about medications. I pray with him each day and ask Jesus to take him if it is time and tell Joe is it OK to go. He is no longer aware of time or asking what day it is so I think that is good.
On a lighter note, Lucky our dog seems completely recovered from whatever was hurting him. I wonder if maybe the injections he got in his neck hit a nerve that went to his shoulder and now that is OK. He is still on an antibiotic for his sore throat but he never leaves Joe's bed except to go out.
I know many of your are busy with shopping and parties and I appreciate you taking time to check in with the blog each day and pray for us. I am mostly at peace except for a meltdown once or twice a day. Take care and God Bless. Mary Anne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you both - Michelle

Anonymous said...

We will miss you, but we know you will be in heaven.
Ro and Jack

Anonymous said...

We will miss you, but we know you will be in heaven.
Ro and Jack

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Mary Anne. Joe has so much love just being heaped upon him from so many who care.
CarolAnn & Don

Anonymous said...

Even though I only knew Joe a brief time, during his Caring Hearts & Hands days, he had a huge impact on me. His positive attitude, honesty and warmth touched me in ways hard to describe. It was so obvious to me that he is a man of God, and that anyone who crosses his path is blessed by his generous spirit!

You are in our prayers, Deb and the Yellow Box Caring Hearts & Hands team

Anonymous said...

MaryAnne,God Bless,don't worry about meltdowns. I know, I have many, it is normal and natural and expected. You are so fortunate to have so many good and kind friends and family. I don't know what I would have done without them when Dave went so suddenly. Love, Marge K