Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 16, 2008

Dear Friends,
Hospice was just here and time is drawing near. His vital signs are dropping. I was reading the Psalms to Joe this morning and several verses really seemed appropriate.

Psalm 61 , vs 1-3
Hear my cry, O Lord;
listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.

And Psalm 63 , vs 1

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in the santuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because youre love is better than life, my lips will glorify you
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

We both got a good night sleep last night thanks to the increase in medicine. Please pray for comfort in the next hours. Take care and God bless. Mary Anne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

just saying hi and thinking of you

fia said...

Dear Mary Ann,
May Gods'blessings are with you in these difficult times.
I hope it give you strength to know that the thoughts of so many people are with you and Joe.
Take care.
Fia

Anonymous said...

Keeping you close to my heart right now. God's love is amazing. He word and promises are sustaining and comforting. God Bless - Michelle

Colleen said...

Mary Anne - I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Your strength is amazing.
Colleen

pam h said...

Dear Mary Ann,
You, Joe and your family have been on my heart each day. May God continue to provide the strength you need each moment.
With Love and prayers,
Pam Haines