Thursday, November 13, 2008

All together now.


Hi all,

This is Michael here, Joe's son. It now looks like all the kids will get together with Mom and Dad tomorrow, Friday to share a moment. Today I had each one of my children spend a minute with Grandpa. It was really special. Dad stopped and asked my youngest, Isabelle, "is this bothering you" she said "sort of". He said its alright and that everyone has to go through this and it will all be OK, it is part of living...dying. I was so touched that during a time like this he thought of her feelings and how she was doing. She told him how special he was to her and he said the same in return. As my brother Kevin and I sat and listened to Dad talk with the Hospice nurse, we could not get over how he was still such a joker. He really has handled this quite well which was his intention upon first being diagnosed. Thanks for all the support and interest in what is going on here. It is appreciated tremendously. I am posting another photo of my dad just three months ago in Canada, fishing and enjoying his grandsons and nature.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne & Family,
I was where you are in September with my husband Fred. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Colleen
(from CC.org)

Michael said...

Just spent a great day with family. All of us around dad was really special. He thinks it is all a bit premature. When all 4 kids and mom gathered around him, he said " this is like a memorial service, only I am not dead yet" (chuckle chuckle) See what I mean joker to the end. He really appreciated the moment as did all of us as we prayed with dad as a group. I was most touched when my wife Heidi, a woman of few words and a cancer survivor who gained great strength from both Mom and Dad last year at this time, thanked Dad for all he had done.