Monday, November 24, 2008

Another quiet day

Hi Friends,
Joe continues to hang on. The hospice nurse thinks he is trying to make it to the wedding which seems impossible from our standpoint and hers. His jaundice is severe. He did eat a little today after not eating for two days. We did not get our quality time we have had in the evening tonight but we had about an hour. Karen and I did go to workout this morning and I think that was my first time out of the house in 8 days. Michael put the wooden reindeer out on the lawn today but we don't know how Dad made them stand up in the wind. I am sure we are going to encounter problems like this frequently as we try to do the tasks he did. Today Michael and Kevin installed a new dishwasher for us. Why didn't they tell me my dishes haven't been clean for a long time? Anyway it was one more problem taken care of by the kids. That is so helpful to me. I just let Kevin pick it out for me Saturday and pick it up today. The nurse will be back on Wednesday and we will see what she has to say then. For now I will just say goodnight and God Bless. Mary Anne

5 comments:

fia said...

dear MaryAnn and Joe
Good to see you are both still surrounded by the family. It is so great to share your thoughts with the one you love. Try to keep this quality time as long as possible.
My prays are with you all.
Kisses en regards from Gwen and Wim
(my children)in a cold an snowwhite
Holland
Fia

Pam said...

Dear Mary Anne, Joe and family,

I've followed your blog since I discovered it on the CC website. My Mom (77) was diagnosed in May of 2008. She and my Dad have been married for 57 years. We too are planning a wedding for our daughter. We've moved it up a year to December 20th 2008 due to my Mom's stage four IV diagnosis and the groom's deployment back to Iraq in January. Our family too knows the highs and lows of this awful disease and the bittersweet joys of the wedding plans. Know that you,your dear Joe and family are in my thoughts and prayers each and every day. As I told my daughter, I can't promise you that your grandmother will be at your wedding, but I can promise you that God will either allow her to be in the pew or have the best seat in the church. I know it will be the same for your dear Joe and his daughter.
We are both blessed with wonderful families. We both have a strong faith and know we will one day be reunited with our loved ones. Keep strong and lean on each other. You are not alone.
In Christ!
Pam

Michael said...

This post is from last Sunday when our Friend TC had trouble posting so I pasted her e-mail into the blog. Thanks TC:

Good Morning

Today is Sunday and for some reason I am thinking of you guys more than usual. Reading the blog everyday and sometimes I check it twice a day.

It is so wonderful to have your family there with you and getting us all informed on the blog. I am not sure how to make comments on the blog as it is in Dutch or something and I can't figure it out. I am so computer stupid.

Just know that I check it all the time. I loved the pictures that were flashing what a great idea.

My prayers are with you more than ever now, and know that all is in God's hands and we are all here for you.

I LOVE YOU

"TC"

7:00 AM

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mary Anne, I just finished reading "A Quiet Day" and then I went through many of the pictures you have posted. Joe's blog could almost be turned into a book. Those of us who love Joe feel blessed as you share these special moments and feelings. Thanks for inviting us into your lives. Love ya...Earl & Pat

Anonymous said...

Dear MaryAnn, Thinking of all of you, with many prayers. Tell Joe that Dave has lots of stories to tell him. Love to you all, Marge K