Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 19, 2008


Last night Karen picked up Michael at 9pm. Cassie and Kevin were there and we all gathered around Joe. We had an hour of reminiscing and retelling Joe's quotes and jokes. He was very alert and engaged. It was a wonderful time filled with laughter. Karen's fiancee, Mark, called and Joe had a chance to talk with him which meant a lot. The men's bible study Joe has been a part of stopped by (with our permission) this morning to say a prayer and let him know how much he's meant to them. Afterwards I said to him "I don't know anyone who has as many friends as you". He has loved so many - so well during his life. It is evident at this time when so many want to pour out their love back to him. He is very much at peace and still has no pain. We're enjoying every minute we have. Thanks for your continued prayers.

God Bless,
Mary Anne

1 comment:

Lee and Betty Gallagher said...

Here are the verses that the Lord gave Lee for Joe (I am quoting from the Phillips Translation of the New Testament). "As for me, I feel that the last drops of my life are being poured out for God. The time for my departure has arrived. The glorious fight that God gave me I have fought, the course that I was set I have finished, and I have kept the faith. The future for me holds the crown of righteousness which God, the true judge, will give me in that day--and not, of course, only to me but to all those who hae loed what they have seen of him." II Timothy 4:6-8. We love you, Joe, and we will see you again. We are praying for you and all the family during this time.