Monday, November 17, 2008

November 17, 2008

My Dear Friends,

The hospice nurse just left a bit ago and she said that she sees even more changes. His lungs are starting to get congested. As the toxins in his body build up because of his liver, it becomes more difficult for him to process what he'd like to say. But his sense of humor is still very much alive! Mary, the nurse, said she can tell he is at peace. Right now Joe is sleeping with Lucky at his side. The nurse suggested no visitors today so he could rest. We estimated he had about 50 visitors from Friday til Sunday night. What a great tribute to Joe and how many lives he's affected.

Karen was supposed to leave this afternoon but Joe looked at her this morning and said "I think you should stay" so she is going to do that. Michael is flying back in tomorrow night so the kids will all be in town.



Over the last few weeks, God has been giving me poems. I 'd like to share another with you that I wrote two weeks ago.



TIME TO SAY GOODBYE (10/31/08)

It’s almost time to say good bye
And a hard hard thing it is.
Please do not fear what is ahead,
Because only the physical is dead.

Heaven awaits you faithful friend,
When life on earth is at it’s end.
And you will be a favored guest,
Because on earth you followed your quest.

God Our Father, Jesus too,
The Holy Spirit will welcome you.
And you will experience the awaited prize,
And see the Trinity with perfect eyes.

And when you look down at us below,
Your only thoughts will be full of glow.
Because you will know and truly feel,
What it’s like at his feet to kneel.

So go my love and do not wait,
We have said let go, we know your fate.
We will be fine, as long as we know,
When we also die on your path we’ll go.


Take care and God bless,
Mary Anne

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne & Family,
I wish you peace as you come to the end of this journey. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Colleen
from CC.org

Megan said...

Mary Anne and family-
Your faith and strength constantly amaze me. I am thinking of all of you and keeping you foremost in my prayers. Love to all of you and Joe.
Megan (Davies)