Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Peaceful Day


Hi Friends,

We continue to gather as a family watching as Joe gets more and more sleepy each day. He is now only taking a small amount of liquids and no real food but is still not in any pain. We thank our neighbors and small group for providing meals the last several days. Its been a big help. Karen and I were able to go to church this morning while Michael and Cassie stayed with Joe. Joe can no longer summon the energy to talk on the phone when the many friends from over the years have called in to send their wishes. We are relating all of your sentiments to him and he is truly touched. While the Chicago Bears did get a victory today, Joe only saw about 5 minutes of it. Thankfully they scored on their opening drive. We continue to be sustained by your prayers and warm wishes. God Bless, Mary Anne.

7 comments:

Ben Pahlow said...

Amber here... typing from my mom's computer.

I miss you. I don't really know what to say. Everytime I look at my bookshelf I think about you and all the good times we had making it together. I heard just the other day that you are pretty close to home. I wanted to say see you soon. I love you very much. You really touched my life when you made time for me and I felt important. I can't wait until I see you again.

Amber
Age: 16

sharon said...

Hi Joe and Maryanne
We just read your blog after receiving word from Pat.
We're glad that Joe has had these extra days with his family.
We will miss him. When we met you both it was like we've known you forever and you were special to us. Don says tell Joe that it's not his fault that the men
lost all of those "Hand and Foot" games.
Maryanne we hope we'll get to see you when we come to Carillon next year and we look forward to seeing Joe in a much better place. God bless you all.
In Christian love,
Sharon and Don Metz
His Harmony Qt.

Anonymous said...

It's so touching to see the bond that you all have. I am so glad you have had the time you have with him and with one another. I continue pray for Joe and for all of you. Thank you for the loving updates.
Martha Smith

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe, Mary Anne and Family,
I see that our comment wasn't posted- it was that we are reading the blog daily and praying for all of you. We really treasure your strength and Christian prayers/poems.
God bless to all,
Joe and Mariallyn
GO BEARS

Tracey Speaks Allan said...

Mr. Coburn,
I am thinking of you very often. I asked my mom to greet you when you come. I know she'll have a joke and a song waiting for you. She owes you a lot because you gave me such a good friend in Mike. He has always been kind to me and I know that comes from you and Mrs. Coburn. Be strong. Be Yourself.

With love and many fond memories,

Tracey Speaks

Anonymous said...

Coburn Family,

We are so glad Joe is not in pain. Even though you have known Joe's life is near an end it still has to be so hard to watch. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Thank you for sharing this website with us we feel more involved from far away.
Linda and Jack Heckel

Anonymous said...

Always on my heart.

Your friend,
Michelle